[cvsnt] hacked

Javier Godinez godinezj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:21:19 BST 2006

Well, the problem is that the hackers have been using the machine (IRC
Bot) longer than I've been working here. It is really pretty sad, from
the logs, I was able to determine that they have been inside for about
six months. I don't think they hacked CVSNT itself, but simply guessed
a password for the postgres account, I am not sure, and no one seems
to know why they postgres account had login access. In any case, they
have asked me to formulate a plan (uh) to cleanse our source code. I
realize that this will be a long and hard task for some of the people
here.

Thanks for your help,

Javier Godinez