[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.6 database organisation

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 28 18:25:03 BST 2006

Jim Hyslop wrote:
> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
>>Yeah RCS is going away for 3.x - all the metadata will be in
>>the database where it's easiest to get to (there will be a
>>way of exporting something RCS compatible so that 3rd party
>>apps can use it).
>

> Is this database format documented anywhere? I'd be interested in having
> a look at it.

The 2.6 one is currently in a microsoft visio file (IIRC there were a
couple of changes to go in).  Since 2.6 is under fairly heavy
development it's still a moving target (although it isn't changing a lot
any more, just tweaking round the edges).  Once this stuff is stable
I'll write something a bit more accessible.

3.x isn't beyond the planning stage yet... lots of whiteboards and bits
of paper and little else.