[cvsnt] Read-Write

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Apr 5 08:43:48 BST 2007

Aleksander,

> Persmissions on only one file don't work as they should.
> Example: if I want to deny users the possibility to read
> a file - I expect if the do a checkout this file will be
> missing in their directory. Checking-out a "noread" acl-ed
> file is possible.

Can you please try setting the most restrictive access on the directory
and override that rule for all other files for all other users?

Ie: noread on the directory then "read" on the files you DO WANT THEM TO
READ.

Let me know the result.

Mark wrote:
> I thought in the past I was told that the cvsnt
> chacl command only worked at the directory level,
> not at the file level.  If I want to restrict
> commits of a given file to a specific group,
> can this correctly be accomplished by the cvsnt
> chacl command?

Yes - nowrite is an easy ACL - for some reason the noread is not so
simple.  If people can test this a little more we can get the
documentation straight.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett