[cvsnt] mismatch in rcs file between deltas and deltatexts

Garyl Erickson garyl at veicon.com
Fri Apr 6 17:25:08 BST 2007

I have one file in my repository that I can't run cvs log on. It fails
on most cvs log commands, except for -t and -h (with or without -N),
with the following message:  [log aborted]: mismatch in rcs file
source-file-pathname,v between deltas and deltatexts").

I have no problems with any other CVS commands I've tried on that file.
I can check out every available revision of it, do diffs between
revisions, etc., so the deltas in the RCS file seem to be (mostly?) ok,
despite the error message. I've also looked at the ,v file in some
detail and compared it to others. I don't claim to be an expert but it
seems to match the pattern of the others. One thing that's different
than most is this file was renamed and moved to a different directory at
some point and the initial revision is 1.26. But starting a file with a
specific revision number should work, and I have others that do that
work fine. The earliest revision found in the ,v has a blank next field.

Using -ttttttt indicated the last sub logged was RCS_fully_parse(),
which, after a very cursory look, seems to output the mismatch error if
it can't find a particular version it's looking for (is that right?)

Are there any tools to analyze the ,v file in more detail or to repair it?

Any other ideas how to debug or fix this?

Thanks,
Garyl

P.S. I'm running CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 on Windows Server 2000.