[cvsnt] mismatch in rcs file between deltas and deltatexts

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Apr 7 01:41:24 BST 2007

Garyl,

> One thing that's different than most is this
> file was renamed and moved to a different directory
> at some point

Was that with "cvs rename" ?

> and the initial revision is 1.26. But starting a
> file with a specific revision number should work

Yes it *should* but it is not recommended and probably not tested for
years.

> Are there any tools to analyze the ,v file in
> more detail or to repair it?

You've done it already - "cvs log" is the way to analyze the ,v file...

> P.S. I'm running CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
> on Windows Server 2000.

If possible please upgrade to 2.5.03.2382 - but it probably wont fix
this...

If it still occurs - send the RCS file to support at march-hare.com and we
will file it and put it on the bug list.  We won't look at it for a
while - but we'll never look at it unless we have a test set...

Regards,

Arthur