[cvsnt] cvs status

Dries Feys dries.feys at tvh.be
Fri Apr 13 11:41:40 BST 2007

Hello,

version :
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server) -- through tortoise
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server)

I'm making a reporting application for the developers where I need to see
all the files edited and unknown to CVS. I can accomplish this through
both cvs status -q -q -R and cvs update -n -q. However, when a file is in
edit (we use watched to force every developer to do an edit before they
start editing), but not modified yet, it still mentions that the partical
file is "up-to-date". Is there a way to see that this file is no longer
read-only (but preferrable another way than checking the read-only flag,
because we have several thousand files, and I don't feel the urge to check
them one by one, because the developer wants to see his report as fast as
possible)

TIA!

Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement, Regards,

DRIES FEYS
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Systeem/Helpdesk: Senior Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html"> http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this message."