[cvsnt] modules2 file - using regex stops recursion into subdirectories?

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sat Apr 14 18:34:19 BST 2007

Chris Gomez wrote:
> WebSite = WebCode/Controls (^.*\.asax$|^.*\.asmx$|.*/$)
>
> Not sure why it works over the other version, but I shall endeavour to
> find out.
> Sorry for the interruption, thanks for this resource.

The difference is that now you are looking for all files within
subdirectories, plus the ones with .asax or .asmx extensions in the
root.  I think you grabbed more than you bargained to (but I am not a
regexp expert, and I don't know what files within your subdirectories
you want).

The problem with your first string was that it only got entries with
.asax or .asmx extensions.  If your directories also had a .asax or
.asmx extension then it would have gotten them too.

You probably want something more like this:

   WebSite = WebCode/Controls (^.*\.asax$|^.*\.asmx$|^\w*/$)

Or like this if you have directories with whitespace in them:

   WebSite = WebCode/Controls (^.*\.asax$|^.*\.asmx$|^[\w\s]*/$)

Again, I'm no regexp expert, but I think that should work.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/