[cvsnt] Logout Error

Cheng Cui cuicheng at cn.ibm.com
Sun Apr 15 12:38:51 BST 2007

Dear All,

I'm using WinCVS2.0.2.3 for accessing the cvs server CVSNT.

When I logout it gives the following error.

cvs logout

cvs.exe logout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option

cvs.exe [logout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

So I have set the environment variable as CVSROOT = /cvsrepos, where
cvsrepos is my repository on the server.

Now I'm getting the following error.

cvs.exe [logout aborted]: The :local: protocol does not support the
logout command

Can someone please help me out.

Thanks,

Kevin Cui

IBM Global Delivery Services - DaLian(China) Center
Tel: (86-411) 8489 5966
Tieline: 11-716-5966
E-mail: cuicheng at cn.ibm.com