[cvsnt] CVSROOT admin files and CVSMailer

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 26 18:31:08 BST 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:12:39 +0530, Indhu wrote:

> I have a project where there are 3 to 4 modules.
> If I want to send email notifications to users depending on the
> different modules they work, how can I do that? I will be editing the
> loginfousers, loginfo,users & taginfo files for the users in the
> project. But how will I restrict Module1 email notifications from being
> sent to any other module developers.
> How will I modify the loginfo file?

Indhu,

Create a group file in CVSROOT and create a different group for each of the
projects or modules. See docs for group file format.
In loginfo for each module use the -r option to mail to the group.

HTH,
Rick