[cvsnt] CVS user management: "No such user" error

D.Var trikelef at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 08:55:13 BST 2007

Hi all,
I am trying to set a user management mechanism in
cvsnt but I am constantly getting an annoying "No such
user" error when I try making an alias to a real
system account.Here are the steps I take:
1. Login to my cvs server(win 2003)with an
administrative account(eg alterego) and create 2
system user accounts, cvsadmin and cvsuser.
2. set CVSROOT=:pserver:<myservername>:/CVSRepository
3.I do "cvs login" (login to cvs with alterego
credentials)
4.I enter "cvs passwd -a cvsadmin" and "cvs passwd -a
cvsuser"
5.I create aliases for these system accounts:"cvs
passwd -r cvsuser -a user1" and "cvs passwd -r
cvsadmin -a me"
6.I do "cvs logout" from the alterego cvs session
7.I "set
CVSROOT=:pserver:me@<myservername>:/CVSRepository"
8.Here I try cvs login and when I give the "me"
password I get the following message:
"Logging in to
:pserver:me@<myservername>:2401:/CVSRepository
CVS Password:
CVS [login aborted]:cvsadmin:no such user"

Can anyone explain this?
Here is my passwd file till these steps:
cvsadmin:sdfkugheio
cvsuser:ewwEtyRwe
user1:dffer8yt78e:cvsuser
me:sDFSERreRTe:cvsadmin