[cvsnt] Setting up shared repositories

Richard Watt richard at familywatt.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 18:08:59 BST 2007

To Gerhard and Bo: many thanks for your advice. I'll provide some
additional info in response to your suggestions that I missed out earlier.

Gerhard: I've actually got my CVS repository in a fixed location on the
XP Pro system, and create all the modules from that, so it probably
shouldn't matter if I use a CVSROOT variable or TCVS's -d option, should it?

You're correct in assuming that I want to do this across my own LAN.
Fortunately, I've made my wireless LAN as secure as I can, and my ADSL
modem/router has NAT and a hardware firewall built into it, plus a
little extra security.

Bo: I'll try it out with pserver first just to get it working and then
switch to sserver since there's very little difference between setting
them up. Just while I think of it, I hope I haven't forgotten my
password... :)

Many thanks for all the help - I'll let you know how I get on.

--
Richard Watt
Professional Software Engineer  Personal site - http://www.familywatt.co.uk/