[cvsnt] Just a strange thing with CVSNT / Repository Auditing via MySQL

vcf vcf at free.fr
Fri Aug 17 18:50:22 BST 2007

Hello all,
First sorry for my english.

We use the MySQL Repository Auditing plugin since is exist, I thing.
With a simply web inteface, we can just take a look about CVSNT activities.
Since some days, CVSNT report an error :

"audit_trigger error (session): Table 'cvsnt.sessionlog' doesn't exist
Audit trigger initialiasation failed:
cvs server: Pre-command check failed"

In fact, in the MySQL/data/cvsnt folder, all files MYD and MYI are
vanished ! only frm files stay.
So we have lost all datas. The computer is Win3003 server, password
protected, and i suppose that nobody have erase this files manually, or
do a CVSNT Create tables. The files do not appear on the non-empty trash
of this computer. I hope/think that MySQL rights are set correctly.

So for instance, I try to understand whats matter, I have not log for
see  what MySQL have do. Just the firewall  have recorded lot of
connections to MySQL TCP port during last days.

Is a smal CVSNT server so, lost stats is not very important, but if
anybody have the same experience or an idea about this trouble, it will
be great.
I hope is not an exploit arround CVSNT or MySQL. If I found something, I
will post my news here.

Nice day and take care ;)

@B

Used :