[cvsnt] cvsnt Digest, Vol 56, Issue 19

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sun Aug 19 21:34:32 BST 2007

Richard Watt wrote:

>>No. TCVS comes with its own copy of CVSNT.

> That's a relief :)  Just a few more questions:
>
>    1. I've had lockserver-related errors when using TCVS from the
>       client, and I've discovered that the "Lockserver listens only"
>       option is checked in the CVSNT control panel on the server, so I'm
>       assuming that I just need to uncheck this for it to work.

The lockserver configuration is server-only and has nothing to do with any
clients - TCVS or otherwise.

If you mean the "Lockserver listens locally only" option, this is what I
(and probably most others) have set and what is recommended. There is very
rarely a need for the lockserver to listen to anything but the cvsnt server
on the same machine. It shouldn't create any difficulties, and I don't
think it has anything to do with whether you use TCVS or cvs.exe as client.

>    2. The server's currently configured to use User at localhost - is this
>       OK, or do I need to change this to use the IP address?

Do you mean in "Run as user"? What server, what system? Was that cvsnt on
Linux? I'm not experienced in setting up cvsnt on Linux, but it may be ok;
among other things this depends a lot on your security model and the
permissions assigned to the repository tree.

> I did have some problems with the CVS root path when it was taken from
> the ./CVS/Root file, but I've deleted it and everything works better
> now.

You deleted such a file from a sandbox? If there was something wrong before
you deleted the file, deleting it was not the way to fix what was wrong --
the error is still there.

Gerhard