[cvsnt] cvsnt Digest, Vol 56, Issue 19

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Aug 20 19:30:09 BST 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:06:47 +0100, Richard Watt
<richard at familywatt.co.uk> wrote:

>   2. The server's currently configured to use User at localhost - is this
>      OK, or do I need to change this to use the IP address?

If a user on a remote PC (remote = not the same as the server) uses a
login with anything at localhost it will fail miserably!
Please realize that localhost is a sysnonym for "my own machine",
which in this case would be very wrong.
You should use the server as the name, user at cvsserver is more
appropriate, providing of course that the cvsserver is the
authenticating PC.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)