[cvsnt] SSPI Security (was "Setting up shared repositories")

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 22 20:40:03 BST 2007

Michael Wojcik wrote:
> cvsagent listens on a TCP socket for password queries and responds with
> cached passwords.  That's hardly inaccessible to an attacker.

We recently discussed changing that to model the PuTTY / Pagent method
of communication (it uses Windows messages, I believe).  I'm not sure
when this is scheduled.

As always, patches are welcome and appreciated!

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/