[cvsnt] Force single user mode ?

Martin Cole martinjcole at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 21:07:20 BST 2007

I have been using cvsnt and tortoisecvs for several years, and find it
extremely useful and a necessary part of our business, however we are
interested in restricting some of the global library files.

What I would like to do, is make text based files behave in the same
way as binary files in watched mode, that is to say that a user must
request edit from the server, and only one user can edit at any one
time.

I know that this goes against the principle of cvs, however that is
what we would like to do.

So far I have tried putting watch onto the folder in question, which
does allow us to see who has the files out for edit.

I also tried cvs admin -l however this did not have the result I
expected / desired.

Any hints / solutions would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Martin