[cvsnt] Strange problem with CVSNT and permissions

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 28 10:23:48 BST 2007

Paul,

Please run cvsdiag on the server - it will report many things, but the important ones are whether it can write to the repository.  Also try running commit with -ttt (cvs -ttt commit -m "") and look to see if there are any interesting messages in the log.  In particular look for messages just before the error, and also at the top you will see it determine all the groups the user is a member of - check that engineering is one of those groups.

Finally check noone has set up any CVSNT ACLs, ie: check you are running ACLs in "compat" mode (check the CVSROOT/config file, should be aclmode=compat), and run cvs -d :pserver:server:/repo rlsacl .

Regards,

Arthur