[cvsnt] Segmentation fault using binary deltas under Solaris 9/SPARC

r.pedroche.novillo at accenture.com r.pedroche.novillo at accenture.com
Fri Aug 31 11:40:41 BST 2007

  Greetings.

  We are trying to use the -kB functionality in our repository for some fairly large binary files. Server is cvsnt 2.5.03.2382.

  There are no problems committing versions, but in some files, when checking out or updating on a branch, remote clients receive an end of file error.

  Testing directly in the server using local CVSROOT, I receive a Segmentation Fault error.

  I have compiled the sources with debug enabled and GDB points me to line cvsdelta/cvsdelta.cpp:470. I have tried to look for an error in code myself but I have forgotten almost all my C++.

  The problem happens with both the precompiled package and my on compile. Using pstack in the core generated by the precompiled version shows SIGSEGV happens in the same cvsdelta::patch function.

  I have tried copying the repository to a Windows host and using it as server and it works there on the same files extracting the same versions that fail in th Sol9 server.

Raúl Pedroche Novillo
Tel: +34 91 596 6000 ext 52576
Accenture Outsourcing Services
ATIS/IO	 Mail/IM: r.pedroche.novillo at accenture.com