[cvsnt] How I will get all affected files in a single place?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Dec 2 17:48:37 GMT 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:01:49 +0530, "Abhilash_Pulakkudiyil"
<Abhilash_Pulakkudiyil at satyam.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am using WinCVS 2.1.1.1. My application contains around 10000 files in
>200 folders. Around 25 member team is working here. So daily associates
>are creating or updating files. So I want to get all the affected files
>in a single place. Right now am opening all the folder and checking for
>any affected files. So please get me the option for seeing all the
>affected files in a single place.

Since this is the newsgroup for CVSNT and not for WinCvs I am assuming
that you are running a CVSNT server where this activity is going on.

You should also mention which version of CVSNT you use such as
2.05.3.2382 or similar.

If you are indeed doing that you should by now have enabled Auditing
on the server.

If this is done then you could easily write an SQL function that can
interrogate the Audit database for the activity on a daily basis or
within a certain time frame across some modules or all of the
repository.
The possibilities are only limited by your own wishes since virtually
everything that has happened in the repo has been registered in the
Audit database.

There is no CVS command that I know of that can supply this
information, so if you have not yet enabled Auditing you should do so
now.
Of course anything that has happened prior to this will not have been
recorded...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)