[cvsnt] Having trouble connecting to CVSNT server using SSPI

Alfred Moniaga alfred_moniaga at personable.com
Wed Dec 5 01:00:10 GMT 2007

Hi Bo Berglund,

I have installed CVSNT on our Windows 2003 Server (terminal server
located out of my network w/ IP address of 216.171.173.133) and
configured everything according

to your installation tips (my repository will be '/Test').  On my
system, I have WinCVS 2.0.2.4 installed.

I went to 'Remote' menu in WinCVS->'Create a New Repository'-> Set my
CVSROOT to
':sspi;username=administrator;password=<password>;hostname=216.171.173.1
33:/Test'

By the way, I am logged into my PC (w/ WinCVS) as 'Administrator'.  Port
2401 has been opened up by my admin.  But all I get is this error
message

cvs [init aborted]: authorization failed: server 216.171.173.133
rejected access to /Test for user administrator

The thing is that 'Administrator' has access to the /Test directory.

But when I tried setting my Remote Repository on a Windows 2003 Machine
that's within my network, it works perfectly fine.  Here's the CVSROOT:

':sspi;username=administrator;password=<password>;hostname=psnbtest26:/C
VSRepo' where 'psnbtest26' is the computer name.  CVSNT is installed on
that

network machine (psnbtest26).

Since I only have WinCVS installed on my machine, do I need to install
CVSNT also in order to establish an sspi connection to the CVSNT server
(the one out of network)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.