[cvsnt] Having trouble connecting to CVSNT server using SSPI

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 5 03:30:47 GMT 2007

> Even going through the command line I am getting the
> 'cvs [import aborted]: authorization failed: server 216.171.173.133
> rejected access to /Test' message.
> I do not think that the Administrator user CVS is picking up
> is not the
> DOMAIN administrator (or vice versa).  Our server is not under any
> domain.

Run cvsdiag on the server and post the results to the newsgroup (cc me
if you like).

> Do I need to have CVSNT installed on my system also (the client
> version)?

Since you just ran it - then it obviously already is installed?  As I
wrote in my last post - WinCVS is a GUI, it can't do anything without
CVSNT - however the default installed version is very old - I recommend
upgrading the client, though that probably has nothing to do with your
problem.

Regards,

Arthur