[cvsnt] Trouble installing and setting up user account in CVSNT

Shuvankar Mukherjee shuvankr at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:36:41 GMT 2007

I was trying the installation on Server from the administrator account.

Machine Name: BEAS_SERVER

Domain Name: BEAS

OS : Windows 2003 Server

I have performed the following steps:

1.Firstly I have installed CVSNT 2.5.03 through the downloaded .msi

2.Selected the typical type installation.

3. Restarted server and logged on again as Administrator.

4. From CVSNT Control panel created a TEST repository. CVSNT control panel
shows CVSNT service running on 2401 and CVSNT Lock service running on 2402.

    netstat also shows the ports being used by CVSNT.

5. I can see that it has created all files inside /CVSROOT subfolder under
TEST.

6. set the CVSROOT environment variable to point to D:\CVSREP\TEST folder.

7. from the Command window ran the following commands:

set cvsroot=:sspi:BEAS_SERVER:/TEST/CVSROOT

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cvs passwd  -a cvsuser

cvs [passwd aborted]: cvs server: connect to
BEAS_SERVER(beas_server.beas):2402

failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused

it.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cvs passwd -r cvsadmin -a admin

cvs [passwd aborted]: cvs server: connect to
BEAS_SERVER(beas_server.beas):2402

failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused

it.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cvs passwd -r cvsadmin -a admin

cvs [passwd aborted]: cvs server: connect to
BEAS_SERVER(beas_server.beas):2402

failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused

it.

I have also tried cvsroot=:sspi:BEAS_SERVER:/TEST

Thanks & Regards

Shuvankar