[cvsnt] Trouble installing and setting up user account in CVSNT

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Dec 28 19:01:44 GMT 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:29:30 +1100, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Shuvankar,
>

>> set cvsroot=:sspi:BEAS_SERVER:/TEST/CVSROOT
>>

>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cvs passwd  -a cvsuser
>>

>The SSPI protocol uses your windows user/password, add the user using
>the standard windows tools instead.
>
>The 'cvs passwd' command is only for pserver.

But his problem was this:

>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cvs passwd  -a cvsuser
>
>cvs [passwd aborted]: cvs server: connect to
>BEAS_SERVER(beas_server.beas):2402 failed: No connection could be made because
>the target machine actively refused it.

So the basic thing is connectivity. I already adviced him to check the
service state:
cvs server runs and uses port 2401
lockserver runs and uses port 2402

I also asked about the Windows Firewall and he said that he had opened
port 2401.

That's when I referred him here to widen the expertise....

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)