[cvsnt] Different vs. CVS in Meaning of Revision Range in 'cvs log'

James Couball couballj at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Feb 2 19:30:17 GMT 2007

Hello:

I am not sure if this is on purpose of accident, but I have found an
annoying (to me anyway) different in how revision ranges are delt with
in CVSNT and CVS.

In particular, this range specification: -rrev1::rev2 is treated
differently.  In CVS it means to select all revisions in the range rev1
to rev2 excluding rev1.  In CVSNT, it means to select all revisions in
the range rev1 to rev2 excluding both rev1 and rev2.  CVSNT does provide
the equivalent functionality specified as: -rrev1:::rev2 (note 3 colons
instead of 2).

Is this 'by design'.  This makes it harder to support a multi-platform
solution that CVS and specifically this flag.

Sincerely,

James Couball