[cvsnt] Different vs. CVS in Meaning of Revision Range in 'cvs log'

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 2 20:32:18 GMT 2007

James Couball wrote:
> I am not sure if this is on purpose of accident, but I have found an
> annoying (to me anyway) different in how revision ranges are delt with
> in CVSNT and CVS.

It's a difference between cvs 1.11 and cvs 1.12.

In cvs 1.12 they modified the behaviour of the log ranges a while ago.
I added the cvs 1.12 behaviour as an option so as not to break the
(many) frontends that relied exclusively on the old behaviour.

So you're going to have to support both anyway even if you don't
explicitly support cvsnt, probably doing version checks on the server to
work out what version it's using.  I couldn't tell you exactly which
revision of cvs it was changed in - you'd have to ask them about that.