[cvsnt] My Firewall damaged CVS

Nabil Sleiman nabil.sleiman at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 4 14:10:42 GMT 2007

After I installed a Firewall program, CVS ceased to work. It gave the message: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an authentication scheme (got ''). Uninstalling the firewall has fixed the problem.
Would anyone know how we can make the firewall and CVS co-exist. I know that could depend on the firewall settings, which I tried in my program with no success.
Could it the port 2401? Any ideas?

Thanks heaps,
Nabil.