[cvsnt] mysql auditing does not work: Audit trigger initialiasation failed: Database name not set

dasvob dasvob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:10:41 GMT 2007

Hello,

I am stuck with following response from WinCVS for two days already:

cvs -w log -- readme.txt (in directory C:\source\test\1\)

Audit trigger initialiasation failed: Database name not set
cvsnt server: Pre-command check failed

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I configured the mysql database exactly as is described in book "All
About CVS CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 July 2006".

Including setting "old_password" for compatibility.
(The mysql database runs well and I can insert and remove records etc.)

My PServer file contains following credentials:

AuditDatabaseName=audit
AuditDatabasePassword=pw
AuditDatabaseUsername=audit

 which works well for my when starting client from shell.

Could anyone please give me some hint what else needs to be configured
or what I should check?

Thanks a lot in advance for any hint!

Regards,

Dasvob

Versions installed:

OS: SLES10
CVSNT: (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
MySQL-server-standard-4.1.22-0.sles9.i586.rpm
MySQL-shared-compat-4.1.22-0.sles9.i586.rpm
MySQL-client-standard-4.1.22-0.sles9.i586.rpm