[cvsnt] cvsnt for word doc version control

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Feb 9 13:15:06 GMT 2007

Tim Chippington Derrick wrote:

> If anyone out there has any pointers to tutorials etc on how to set
> up to do really useful diffs on word docs, using things like
> winmerge, then many here would be very grateful.

There are some (mostly commercial) diff applications that can do diffs on
Word and Excel files; just google around a bit, I don't have any
recommendations, but I know I saw a few over the years.

Word itself has a diff and merge feature built in. I use that sometimes: I
export or checkout the copy I want to diff or merge under a different name
or into a different directory, then go into Word and use its own diff/merge
function.

There seems also to be the cvsnt server diff plugin API, but I haven't
heard of anyone publishing a Word diff plugin.

Gerhard