[cvsnt] First Timer - Confused...

Pat McCarten wpmccarten at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 04:25:21 GMT 2007

Thanks James. I'm still experience problems unfortunately. When I try it, I get the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\pmccarten\My Documents\Personal>cvs import -m "My Personal Stuff" pat/personal

cvs import: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [import aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
  C:\Documents and Settings\pmccarten\My Documents\Personal>

When I look at my CVSNT Control Panel, it says I have the following repository created:

  Location = E:/cvs/repositories/pat
  Name = /cvs/repositories/pat

  I've also updated my modules file in the CVSROOT folder of E:/cvs/repositories/pat with the following entries:

  # The ROOT of it All
  # ---------------------
  All-Pat .

  # All Pat
  Pat-Personal-All Personal
  Pat-Work-All Work

  There seems to be something wrong with my install, as it can't seem to find the repository. It always complains that no such repository exists. Like I said, I'm new to this, so hopefully I've provided the info you need.

  Thanks again for your help.

  Pat

  CVSNT ver. 2.5.03
  WinXP Pro Version 2002 SP 2