[cvsnt] out of memory; can not reallocate

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Fri Feb 9 18:35:23 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

I am testing moving a cvsnt server from linux to windows. The linux server
was cvsnt2.5.02.2099 on redhat ES3 and the windows box is
cvsnt2.5.03.2382. We have a particular module that is relatively big (1.7
GB, 17574 files) and I get an error on checkout that says:

cvs [server aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate 322961408 bytes

This happens on the windows server and not on the linux server. I've read
about the RAM requirements and such that people run into, but the linux
server has 4 gigs of ram and 8 gigs of swap and the windows server is a VM
with 3.6 gigs of RAM and 7.5 Gigs of swap. Without assuming that the
slight difference in RAM is the problem, can anyone else tell me what
MIGHT be the problem?

Thanks!

Brian