[cvsnt] cvs update - "Numeric Directory Tags not allowed".

Sanjeev, Neeraja (GE Infra, Energy) neeraja.sanjeev at ge.com
Wed Feb 21 09:34:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

I recently installed the 2.5.03.2382 version of CVSNT. I am not able to
get the previous versions of checked in files using the update command.

I executed the command -      cvs update -l -r 1.1

It returns an error "Numeric Directory Tags not allowed".

The same command used to work with earlier version of CVS.

CVNT product version -   2.5.03.2382

Client & Server Operating System version, Service Pack Level - Microsoft
Windows XP Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 2.

Please help to fix this error.