[cvsnt] CVSNT service user and impersonation

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 26 21:18:54 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I've seen and read a number of posts on impersonation but havn't really
seen an answer to the question I'm running into.

As I understand it the CVSNT service is running as SYSTEM. I've confirmed
this in the services control panel.
I also have CVSNT setup to "run as client" in the applet.
I understand that SYSTEM cannot access any network resources. However, when
the process impersonates the client user shouldn't they be able to access
any network resources the client has rights to?

I'm using SSPI and all users are logging into a Windows domain. The CVSNT
server is running on a Win XP SP2 box.
I'm using CVSNT 2.5.03.2382.
I've tried adding the SYSTEM user to the list of user in the "Impersonate a
client after authentication" entry in the Local Security Policies but that
doesn't appear to have any effect.

All I'm trying to do is execute a script during commit of certain modules
that will update or checkout the module to a shared network location. How
are other users doing this?

TIA,
Rick