[cvsnt] CVSNT service user and impersonation

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 26 23:18:47 GMT 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:00:19 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

> Rick Martin wrote:
>
>> All I'm trying to do is execute a script during commit of certain modules
>> that will update or checkout the module to a shared network location. How
>> are other users doing this?
>
> Have you tried the shadow file?
>
> <http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/shadow-file.html>
>
> Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

I've setup my shadow file to a local folder on the cvs server for testing.
When the shadow was created it did not create the sub-folder for the module
where the file was changed.
For example: say this is my repository
TopLevel
TopLevel\Folder1
TopLevel\Folder2

My shadow entry is:
^TopLevel HEAD C:\temp\TopLevel

When I commit a file to Folder1 all of the files in Folder1 are checked out
directly into C:\temp\TopLevel, not in C:\temp\TopLevel\Folder1.
Is this normal?

Thanks,
Rick