[cvsnt] Performance with CVSNT 2.5.x

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Feb 28 19:35:33 GMT 2007

Why are you using a Cygwin CVS client rather than the native CVSNT
client?

> With this solution (cvs passwd -r <machine>\cvsuser -D <domain> -a
<login>)
> CVSNT works fine.
> But I don't understand what is the difference beteew using cvs
password and
> not using it.

I don't use "cvs passwd" myself, but my understanding is that with the
command you show above, you're creating an alias from "<login>" to
"<machine>\cvsuser".

That suggests to me that the problem is SSPI domain authentication from
the CVS server host to the domain controller, so that's where you should
look to diagnose the problem.  (If I were seeing this, I'd just trace
the domain authentication traffic between the CVS server host and the
domain controller, using Wireshark or similar.  That's where the delay
appears to be.)

How long does it take for one of your CVS users to do a domain login on
the CVS server?  Are the users' local machines and the CVS server using
the same domain controller?

What CVSROOT do your users use?

--
Michael Wojcik