[cvsnt] Keyword Substitution no longer working followingarecentupgrade.

Richard Boatfield r.boatfield at sstl.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 09:07:42 GMT 2007

Hi Arthur,

Sorry about that, I must have missed that in the FAQ.
I've copied the text of the file in below:

>> Please see attached file

>No files make it through to the list - please cc me or embed in the
>message.

*******

status config/xxxxxxx/sysALib.s
cvs server: Couldn't open default trigger library: No such file or directory
File: sysALib.s         Status: Locally Modified

   Working revision: 1.17
   Repository revision: 1.17
\xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/target/config/xxxxxxx/sysALib.s,v
   Expansion option: kv
   Commit Identifier: 10f8452f5c490000
   Sticky Tag:  (none)
   Sticky Date:  (none)
   Sticky Options: kv
   Merge From:  (none)

Command Finished.

***************

>>  I'll try a reboot when I get the chance

>Did the install say a reboot is required?  From memory that step is NOT
>optional.  It's a windows thing, and there was a discussion on the list
>about "why" some time ago - but I've forgotten everything except the
>"not optional" bit.  Whether that is related to your problem or not I've
>no idea.

I can't honestly remember if it did.  The upgrade was actioned the week
before Christmas.
We're rapidly heading toward the conclusion that the best plan of action is
a complete uninstall, reinstall, and test approach. (with associated
reboots).  We had a test environment which worked fine and one of the
developers has set-up exactly the same system at home that also works fine.
I'm inclined to think that something has screw-up during the install.

>You can also try a trace, ie:
>cvs -ttt ci -m  "test" fred.txt

I'll get one of our guys to test that.

Cheers, Richard