[cvsnt] Mergepoint issues on 2.5.0.3 b2382

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Jan 12 12:03:54 GMT 2007

Arthur Barrett wrote:

> As always - if you want some feature in CVSNT that isn't there - you can
> add it.

Or use a different tool to add something to CVSNT.

Just re-read some of that thread. Bo wrote the following in it:

<http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2006-June/025253.html>:

> Could not have been done if code was left in the sandbox for long
> periods of time. If this were the case then we would have to revisit
> the long discussed "sandbox on network share" topic for security and
> backup purposes....

I'm using MirrorFolder <http://www.techsoftpl.com/backup/> for a while now,
and it seems to work pretty well. This or something similar can be used to
transparently and in realtime back up developer's sandboxes. Which may help
for the one or other method, and avoid sandboxes on network shares.

Gerhard