[cvsnt] US Daylight Savings schedule change in 2007

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:42:18 GMT 2007

The United States has planned a change to its DST observance beginning in
2007. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandates that DST will start on the
second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November. In 2007, the
start and stop dates will be March 11 and November 4, respectively. These
dates are different from previous DST start and stop dates. In 2006, the
dates were the first Sunday in April (April 2, 2006) and the last Sunday in
October (October 29, 2006).

Some countries are still evaluating whether they will adopt the new rules
for themselves. You should anticipate more changes in DST and time zone
rules for countries that typically align with U.S. DST rules.
This may be old news to many of you, but may not.  It also may be irrelevant
for cvsnt, but it may not...that's what I'm inquiring about.  Does this
change effect cvsnt?  Is there date/time related logic that need to be
modified?  I searched the archives, but found nothing.  I have been notified
by Sun about upgrading my jre/jdk to fix this, also by MKS, another scm
system, so I figured it was at least a valid question.  Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Mark