[cvsnt] Can we rename the files on the server side in CVSNT

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Tue Jan 23 11:20:06 GMT 2007

> From: raghu hs
> Is it possible to rename the files in CVSNT
> directly on the server so that i dont loose the
> history of changes of the files.

Yes.  I've used this in the past to reorganise project directories.
It's a good idea to make sure all your users know this is going to
happen, though, so that they can check in any changes to the old file
versions before you move them :-).

I'm not quite sure how the client handles the move.  To be ultra-safe, I
asked users to delete the project in their sandboxes and check it out
again.  I suspect this is overkill, but I wanted to be absolutely sure
there were no oddities left in the sandboxes.  No doubt others on this
list will be able to give you more information!

		- Peter