[cvsnt] CVSNT + EVS on Vista => extreme slowdown

Petr Prikryl PrikrylP at skil.cz
Mon Jul 2 08:48:54 BST 2007

Hi,

I have observed CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2704
has slown down dramatically after experimenting
with EVS.

The machine runs Windows Vista Enterprise,
the CVSNT is used in client/server mode
using the :sspi:localhost:/cvsroot.

The EVS was used only to set the registry
via its Control Panel. Then EVS was uninstalled.
After observing the problems, the CVSNT was
also uninstalled, system rebooted, and CVSNT
installed again.

The commands like:
cvs tag something
cvs ci
etc.
seems to work, but they are much slower
than observed earlier. They are also slower
than on my old Win XP machine with about
10 times less powerful processor. I understand
that disk limits the operation, but still
it should not be slower than on old machine.

Any idea what happened and how to repair it?

Thanks,
    pepr