[cvsnt] Cannot create new module

Chris Purves pchris at aims-bio.com
Mon Jul 9 19:10:25 BST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to create a new module in an existing repository with no
luck.  It looks like a permissions problem, but I don't know how to
resolve it.

To create the new module I run the following command with the following
error:

aimsnet:~/cvs# cvs -d :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:/cvs import -m "Add
new project docs module" project_docs yoyo start
cvsnt [server aborted]: User ChrisPurves cannot create files in
project_docs

I have "RunAsUser=cvsuser" set is PServer and cvsuser has write access to
the cvs repository, so it's not a filesystem permissions issue.

I have "AclMode=normal" set in the config file and I believe the problem
lies here.  My understanding is that the ACL cannot be updated for a
module until that module is created, but it seems that I cannot create a
module without permissions...

I do have the user ChrisPurves listed in the admin file, but I must be
missing somthing.  The documentation suggests using the import command for
creating a new repository.  Perhaps there is a better way.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
--
Chris Purves