[cvsnt] Cannot create new module

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 9 21:28:50 BST 2007

Chris,

> aimsnet:~/cvs# cvs -d :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:/cvs
> import -m "Add
> new project docs module" project_docs yoyo start
> cvsnt [server aborted]: User ChrisPurves cannot create files in
> project_docs
>
> I have "AclMode=normal" set in the config file and I believe
> the problem

Well - it is the cause of the message, it is behaving as designed.  You
do not have write access and CVSNT is denying you write access.

> I do have the user ChrisPurves listed in the admin file, but

Admins have access to the CVSROOT, and have control rights on the root
of the repository but not access to write by default.

So as Admin you need to create a "default ACL" on the root of the
repository, then you can create a new module.  Then you can create an
ACL on the new module that allows a user write/read access to the new
module.
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/chacl.html

Regards,

Arthur