[cvsnt] Out of memory error on CVS log

Matthew Rich mbrich2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 19:29:37 BST 2007

I'm getting the following error on a cvs log command:

cvs [server aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate 415236096 bytes

The size of the repository I'm running the log against: 576691KB

CVSNT server version: 2.5.1.1976
Platform is Windows 2003 enterprise edition with 2GB of memory.

I know about the possible fix using the /3GB switch in the boot ini.  So do I need to up the memory to more than 2GB and update the boot.ini?

This is getting to be a pain.

Thanks