[cvsnt] Moving CVS, does everyone have to commit their work before the move?

Jerome Fong jfong at successmetricsinc.com
Fri Jul 13 18:01:20 BST 2007

Hi there,

I'm planning to move CVS from the current machine to a different server.
After setting up the CVS server, I was going to copy the entire CVS tree
from the old machine to the new machine.  Then, have everyone point to
the new machine.

Does everyone need to check in their outstanding changes before I make
my copy or is it alright to copy with uncommitted changes outstanding?

Thanks,

Jerome