[cvsnt] Problem merging file added on HEAD into a branch

Bartolomeo Nicolotti bnicolotti at siapcn.it
Thu Jul 19 08:03:55 BST 2007

Hi,

I've added a file to the HEAD trunk with other changes that I wanted to
merge into a branch, so I committed everything on the HEAD, switched to
the branch and did:

cvs update -j HEAD addedfile.txt

Then doing cvs -n update it correctly gave

A addedfile.txt

but when I tried to commit the added file in the branch cvs gave the error

Conflict, the file addedfile.txt was already added.

My version is:

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server), while the server I don't know

Could someone explain what happened? Thanks in advance!

--
Bartolomeo Nicolotti
SIAP Sistemi Applicativi s.r.l.