[cvsnt] sessionid as foreign key

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Thu Jul 19 14:32:38 BST 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 07/18/2007 05:23:32 PM:

> It gets the session id from a 'select identity_val_local()' appended to
> the session insert string (the whole string is something like 'begin
> atomic; insert into xxxxx; select identity_val_local(); end').
>
> I can't think of a reason why that would suddenly stop working if it
> worked before unless there's a way to switch that functionality off
> globally.
>
> Tony

I noticed that in the database the session id's recently reached something
like 68000, which is markedly close to 65536. Is it possible we reached
the limit of a datatype somewhere? I asked our DB2 people and they said
the datatype in the database is much larger than that. If there is no
datatype limitation in cvs, there could still be some sort of limitation
in the ODBC connection, I guess. Any ideas?

Maybe this should be moved to the dev mailing list?

Brian