[cvsnt] sessionid as foreign key

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Thu Jul 19 21:18:50 BST 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 07/19/2007 03:11:04 PM:

> bwhicks at aep.com wrote:
> > So the function works as expected. The return value just seems to get
lost
> > before the next query happens (to insert something like taglog data).
> >
> I can only guess something getting lost in the ODBC driver... although
> I've never heard of that happening before.

We ran some SQL statements through using ISQL, which is a command line
tool that connects to databases using the ODBC driver. Check it out:

caft1.aepsc.com:/home/db2inst1>isql cvsdb001 db2inst2 password
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> insert into cvsuser.sessionlog (command, date, hostname, username,
sessionid, virtrepos, physrepos, client) values ('tag', '2007-07-20
20:40:21', 'x', 's007766', 'x', 'x', 'x', 'Kristi Test 2')
SQLRowCount returns 1
SQL> select identity_val_local() from cvsuser.sessionlog fetch first 1 row
only
| 68874                            |
SQLRowCount returns -1
1 rows fetched

So the ODBC driver is working, which points us back at cvsnt again. Any
ideas?

Brian