[cvsnt] sessionid as foreign key

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 20 15:51:14 BST 2007

Brian,

> Pasted at the end of this email...

Very unhelpfully, the trace does not include the result of the insert into sessionlog.

> The DB2 server is running on a separate AIX server.
> I believe the DB2 server is version 8-something,

Tony wrote that driver specifically for DB2 v9.  An I suspect it will only work on that.

> We are using unixODBC version 2.2.11 (the one that came with
> the Redhat distribution), and iSQL is known to be working.

As Tony wrote - DB2 v9 apparently only supports ODBC for connections, but v8 had its own protocol.  So you are probably seeing a data type translation error in the ODBC<->DB2 v8 translation.

If a commercial user purchases DB2 v8 support we'll charge a small additional fee which will cover our costs in licensing DB2 v8 and an AIX box for testing.  Until then it is DB2 v9 linux/windows only.

Regards,

Arthur