[cvsnt] Several questions on cvs usage

Garyl Erickson garyl at veicon.com
Mon Jul 23 19:28:36 BST 2007

Tony,

What do you mean by "hasn't worked properly for years"? I've been using
it for years, thinking it was working, as it appeared to be working. Are
you telling me it's been lying to me?

This brings up a bigger issue. I'm extremely disappointed to hear cvsnt
is not backwardly compatible with cvs. At the very least, it needs to
put out an error message if something that is expected to work in cvs is
no longer supported in cvsnt. Giving incorrect results with no
indication -- if that is indeed the case -- is certainly not helpful.
Makes me wonder if there are other things I've been doing, learned using
cvs, that are now giving me wrong information using cvsnt. Correct
information is essential in an SCM tool. I feel like I just got the
chair knocked out from under me. Anyone else feel that way?

G. Erickson