[cvsnt] remove(delete) a revision from cvs

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Jul 29 02:41:12 BST 2007

> Seriously, you can still roll back as long as you're careful.  Backup
> your repository first!  It's a function that isn't likely to go away,
> it's just a practical necessity IMHO.  That said, I'm not the product
> manager for CVSNT, Arthur is.

Just to clarify (again) I do not intend to make any changes to the admin
commannd in the near future - its use is already limited to
Administrators and I think that is sufficient.

I also do not intend making any changes to the "local" protocol (which I
also consider to be downright dangerous to use two processes both
accessing/writing to the repository at the same time via the local
protocol could easily corrupt it).

However the admin command with the local protocol - that is up for
discussion.  Since the local protocol bypasses the admin requirement I
think that combination is currently downright dangerous.  However I
suspect that identifying it may be a little hard, and a percentage of
users may get seriously annoyed at a change of behaviour.

Most of you have already commented on this a few weeks ago.

Regards,

Arthur