[cvsnt] Changes between two tags

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Fri Jun 1 17:33:56 BST 2007

I don't know if this get's you all the information you want, but this may get you going in the right direction.

I have had a couple of questions on how to tell what files differ between branches and tags. Here is a command line way to figure it out.

"cvs diff --brief -kk -r T_44_96DS0 -r T_49_back2_32DS0"

You will need to replace the values after the -r with the tags or branches you want to differ. You should do this command from the project directory that you want the info on. If you want to see what differs compared to the tip of trunk, use the key word "HEAD" as one of the tags. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, Here is a link with some of the other possible options to the diff command:

http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/cvsmanual/cvs_129.html

Thanks,
Curtis Lehman